Re: Dueling cygwin DLLs

Max Bowsher wrote:
C Wells <s2audi@yahoo.com> wrote:

I knew that solution, but I have inherited 40 scripts
clocking in at 5 meg by departed staff. Tell me the
hard way.

In the source code, change all the various IDs that cygwin uses (when time I
tried this, I must have missed one, because the resultant DLLs still
clashed), and recompile Cygwin. Then recompile everything you want to run on
your modified DLL.
Messy, messy, messy.

I suggest you post some more details about how your scripts fail.

Max.

And the simple way: read through cygwin announcements and find the change that causes your scripts to fail. Look for changed default settings, ntsec could be your problem if your previous dll is that old.

And the mean way: install Cygwin B20 8-)

DLL caused many other scripts to fail. I can't debug
the ones it affected. Is there a way to have the top
executeable call the new cygwin1.dll called
cygwin2.dll so it can "find an entry point" and run ?
No. (Yes, but far from simple, and harder than just
doing as I recommend
below.)

Install the latest cygwin package, then fix your
scripts.

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn