Re: Force bash to start as administrator

 Please don't email me directly - keep it on the list!

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Andrew,

The cygwin login has nothing to do with it. I was not referring to the fact that you don't need a password (which, by the way, is stored by windows, and not in the passwd file). Try replacing "login" by "bash", and type "whoami" when the shell comes up.
Interesting! Insecure!

Igor
P.S. I don't know what Runas is, sorry.
In a Windows window (since rxvt messes up with ptys in this case) try runas /?