Cygwin question - hopefully a quickie

Title: Cygwin question - hopefully a quickie

Christopher:
I downloaded a version of Cygwin (can't remember the source; one of those from the http://www.cygwin.com/ list) onto my new machine which uses Win 2000 Professional OS.   I just now noticed that it doesn't recognize the "ex"  (batch vi editor) command.   I've used Cygwin (again, I don't know the source) before on the Win NT environment, and it recognized the "ex" command OK.

What can I use as a substitute for the "ex" command?

Pete Harter
Mechanical Analysis
ITT Aerospace/Communications

If this email is not intended for you, or you are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the addressee, please note that this message may contain ITT Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.  You should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Information contained in this message that does not relate to the business of ITT is neither endorsed by nor attributable to ITT.