RE: can user add his own service in cygwin inetd?

Sorry, I'm not an inetd expert.  I'd be stuck looking at the available
documents too.  It's not immediately obvious to me that a perl program
wouldn't be able to be run from inetd but then again, I don't know what
you're doing.  If you do exactly what you've done on Linux and it works
there but not with Cygwin, well, then I guess that means there's some
difference that will need to be tracked down.  If you're interested in
doing so, you could start with invoking inetd with the -d flag.  That
may shed some light.

Larry