From: Scott Purcell spurcell@vertisinc.com
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:05:29 -0600
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: pathing issues script failure

Hello,
I am writing a simple shell script and I am running into some roadblocks. I
am sure it is something I am doing, or the way I have configured the
system? Anyway, the problem is in the following script, I have to type in
/cygdrive/c, to reach the c drive.

But for some reason this script fails when it has to put the output away.
It switches the / unix style slashes back to windows? I am on win2000.
I am trying to get this working, does anyone know what is wrong, or what I
should change to get this rolling?

Thanks,
Scott

Here is the script.
#!/bin/sh

pwd=`pwd`
echo $pwd " is pwd"

classfiles=/cygdrive/c

`cp -r ${classfiles}/com ${classfiles}/cvs_tmp`

cd ${classfiles}/cvs_tmp

args=`find . | grep java\$ | tr "\n" " "`

# run javadoc with the -d option, which will put the output in the
# directory this script was run from

echo /cygdrive/c/Program Files/jdk1.3.1_04/bin/javadoc -J-Xmx96m -d $pwd
javafil
es ....
/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/jdk1.3.1_04/bin/javadoc -J-Xmx96m -d $pwd $args

cd $pwd

find . | xargs chmod 777

### here is what happens when I run it, notice the Destination, it is now
\cygdrive\c
spurcell@DSGSTL-PC-1523 /cygdrive/c
$ javadoc.sh
/cygdrive/c  is pwd
/cygdrive/c/Program Files/jdk1.3.1_04/bin/javadoc -J-Xmx96m -d /cygdrive/c
javaf
iles ....
javadoc: Destination directory not found \cygdrive\c
1 error