RE: ntsec and remote copy

Oh yes,
a related remark.

On the file with the funny UID, some things work, some don't. For instance,
I can vi it, but I cannot write it. This seems to say that some cygwin
programs call this file readable, but others don't... Bearing in mind the
premissions that it is said to, I would actually claim that I should NOT be
able to read it.

Here's an illustration of 'test' that cannot read it.

$ ls -l test.txt
-rwx------+   1 65535    None         1003 Dec 10 00:24 test.txt

$ if [ -r test.txt ]; then echo 'I can read it'; else echo 'I cannot read
it';
fi
I cannot read it

$ chown kris test.txt

$ ls -l test.txt
-rwx------    1 kris     None         1003 Dec 10 00:24 test.txt

$ if [ -r test.txt ]; then echo 'I can read it'; else echo 'I cannot read
it';
fi
I can read it

I also see now that not only files copied remotely have this strang eUID,
but others as well (maybe older files?)

Kris