[ANN] Re: cyg-wrapper.sh

* On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 07:13:44AM +0000, Soren A <soren_andersen@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Luc posted on my urging; please check out his site and this script
> which is a useful and good piece of hackery.

Thanks :-)

> > [2] This form has been privileged because of the MsWindows 9x
> > series.
>
> Hmmm. If you mean that people who run Win9x are more likely to be
> running old DOS programs that use 8.3, then ok; otherwise there's no
> difference between NT-derived and 9x-type Windows in this respect --
> that I know of.

No. This is a scripting problem I had on MsWindows Me, and I don't
remember any similar issue on Windows NT -- more tests should be done to
be sure.

The problem comes from pathnames having spaces. If we want to run:
    appl "c:/Program Files/foo.txt" ~/bar.txt
The parameters should be requoted before (/while ?) running xargs. I
haven't spent enough time to find to something that works.

--
Luc Hermitte