Re: telnet - connection refused in windows xp home

Hi,

Go through these steps and see what happens:

1. Run these commands

  $ /usr/sbin/inetd --remove-as-service
  $ /usr/bin/iu-config

Answer the q's depending on whether or not to keep the existing files.
Replace your old inetd.conf, and backup if you need to keep the old copy.

  $ /usr/sbin/inetd --install-as-service

2. Reboot your machine !!!

3. After reboot, open up a cmd.exe console and run this:

  C:\> netstat -an |less

If you see port 23 in a LISTENING state then it's worked partly. Also check
for other inetd ports like 22 (ftp) etc. and see if you can connect to them.

4. try and connect to your telnet server (localhost:23).

If you cant connect then im stumped! Check your event log if you have
problems and report back ;)

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk