From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) lhall@rfk.com
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 23:06:03 -0500
To: kumarchi@attbi.com, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: telnet - connection refused in windows xp home
You are right. However I am unable to figure out how to login as LocalSystem
(SYSTEM in /etc/passwd?).

xp home does not list SYSTEM or even Adminstrator as a selectable user.
thanks , be patient please I am getting there!!

At 04:41 PM 12/7/2002, kumarchi@attbi.com wrote:
>I am unable to use remote connection to my pc(s) running windows xp home.
>After going through the inetutils documentation, and looking  at the
services
>under windows xp, I can see that inetd is not running. I am also unable to
>start the inetd. According to the documentation it must be because some
>special permissions I need but which I cannot set in xp home.

Perhaps you can be more specific about this special permission and why you
can't set it.