Re: UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

Adrian C. Brown wrote:

Why would I get this error when trying to start cygwin from the shortcut placed on the desktop?

CMD.EXE was started with '\\coruscant\users\adrianb\Desktop' as the current directory path. UNC paths are not supported. Defaulting to Windows directory.

I am using Windows 2000 professional in a Windows 2000 domain with folder redirection.

What can I do to solve this?
What is the "Start in" set to in your desktop shortcut?