FW: Help, cygwin logs me on using my winnt domain user rather than Administrator

-----Original Message-----
From: Cary Lewis
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2002 3:58 PM
To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Subject: Help, cygwin logs me on using my winnt domain user rather than
Administrator

Prior to today, when I started by bash shell, my id would be Administrator,
id=500.

Today, I have reinstalled cygwin and now when I am logged into my domain, my
id becomes my log in name on the domain and not Administrator. As well,
programs like VIM take 30 seconds to start.

If I am logged on as local administrator, everything is okay, vi starts
right away and my id=500.

I can not explain what happened. Installs on other machines work as
expected. I.e. I log on a my domain account on another machine, and my
id=500.

Can someone explain this?

What does cygwin use to determine which user is starting bash? Can I force
myself to be administrator.

The /etc/passwd file was created during setup: mkpasswd -l >/etc/passwd.

Any help would be appreciated.