RE: Cron Won't Run Jobs

> I am not sure how to interpret this, but if you can tell me
> what I need to
> change, I'd appreciate it.  This is getting me pretty frustrated...
>
> -rw-r-----    1 400      18            211 Dec  5 08:39
> /var/cron/tabs/buck

The '18' in your output is the group ownership number.  As documented
in /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README, this needs to be set to '18' (which
should be the group number of SYSTEM in /etc/group).  Your crontab's
permissions and ownerships are set correctly.

Try using a simpler crontab entry, for example:

* * * * * /usr/bin/date >> /tmp/date.txt

Delete all other lines in your crontab until you can get this entry
to work.

Make sure that cron has 'write' permission in /tmp, for example:

   chmod 777 /tmp

---