Re: GCC compiler cannot create executables.

At 02:28 AM 12/6/2002, Ryan Budge wrote:

>Hello list.
>
>Im having some trouble getting gcc working.  I am trying to compile the
>CVS for coldsync but it doesn't work.  I have done the same procedures
>on my BSD 4.7 box and all works fine.
>
>I have :-
>
>Windows XP Pro.
>Cygwin 1.3.15-2
>Gcc 3.2-3
>
>And others..
>
>In my cvs directory I run :-
>
>%autoconf
>%./configure
>
>And I get : -
>
>Configure : error : installation or configuration problem : c compiler
>cannot create executables.
>
>I did google but I could not find any real answers.
>
>Any ideas.
>
>Im attaching the output of cygcheck -c and config.log.

Why not attach all the information asked for at
http://www.cygwin.com/bugs.html?

It looks like the Cygwin gcc package and dependencies are installed.
My guess you had some other compiler package installed already and/or
some environment variables for the compiler are set in your environment
that are getting in the way.  That's just a guess of course, since I
don't have the output of cygcheck -s -r -v to verify that.  If that's
not the problem, you might try reinstalling.  But now I'm just grasping
at straws for ideas.  You need to check out your environment/installation.
That's definitely where the problem is.