RE: .dll.a, .dll files and other questions

cgf wrote:
> Nope.  Recently updated.

After reading the above, I had a look hoping to find more (updated)
information on this DLL business. Am I looking at the same links?
The one for relocatable DLLs
http://cygwin.com/building-reloc-dlls.txt
is dated 1997, the one for helpful hints references Cygwin b17
http://cygwin.com/dll-hints.txt
and the one for more information doesn't work at all at the moment
http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/. I was told months ago on this list that
use of dlltool was deprecated and no longer necessary at all, yet
that is commonly invoked in the above references. As
I recall, the latest dllhelpers does not even use dlltool? So I
am confused. Although I have muddled my way through building DLLs
with Cygwin, I cannot find the updated dox mentioned. Sorry, I simply
don't understand DLL's well enough myself to submit anything.......
but I can say that dllhelpers did allow me to figure how to build
DLLs using what I believe to be the most "modern" means of doing so
with Cygwin/GCC.

Regards,
Scott