RE: setup troubles: Download incomplete

Thanks Larry,

> Disk space could still be the problem.  Depends on what you still need to
> download and how big it is.

ok. I'll try to clean up more.
A funny error message though.

Here's another funny error message:
After answering the question "Download incomplete: do you want to try
again?" with no, setup starts to install the packages that it already got. I
then get the occasional dialog box
"Can't open (null) for reading: No such file"

Needless to say, I've never seen that before, so it's probably because a
file wasn't downloaded correctly because of my lack of disk space. Looks to
me that a 0 pointer is passed to sprintf though...

> >On the disk space front, can anyone tell me why setup stores copies of
> files
> >in subdirectories named after the mirror. This means that I end up with
> >several copies of the same .tar.bz2 files, as I often have to switch
> mirrors
> >(they seem to be very busy once in a while).
>

> If you're really looking for details, check the email archives on this.
> The reason for the differing directories, what they contain, and even
> utilities for "cleaning them up" have been discussed before.  However,
> you should not be ending up with the exact same files from each mirror,
> at least if you keep your set of mirrors constant.

well, I did have multiple copies of the same file. I've been using 3
mirrors. I don't think I've been doing something special, but who knows (is
aborting an installation special? It might be). I can't give you any
details, as this happened over the years, and I never checked before. Also,
I deleted all of the mirror files except one to save disk space...

Thanks a lot

Kris Thielemans
(kris.thielemans <at> ic.ac.uk)
Imaging Research Solutions Ltd