Re: suitable cygwin subset question

Fred_Smith@computrition.com <Fred_Smith@computrition.com> wrote:

> So this all is a prelude to the question: What's the minimum subset of
> stuff I need to move, and is it necessary to actually run a cygwin
> installer (for registry setups, maybe???) or will simply putting
> files in the "right place" work?

Without registry entries, Cygwin won't know where / is - so the only paths
that will work are /cygdrive paths.

Installing a small set of packages with setup is probably the best option,
but if you really don't want to do that, 'mount' should enable you to set
the necessary info in the registry.

Quite how this could cause Oracle code to hang, though, I have no idea.

Max.