RE: [Mingw-users] Cygwin Full download in one big archive ?

>Impractical. As I said, almost 100% of people won't want 100% of packages.

It might be interesting to poll in some way, considering how often this
comes up.  I suspect more than "almost 0%" might want a 1-button,
overnight-style install.

>Frankly, this odd method only makes the slightest sense in your unusual
>situation (downloads constricted by number of files not file size).

I have every package selected, and as new packages appear I install
them.

>tetex ? (Document processing system)
>lilypond ? (Sheet music production)
>
>Both multi-megabyte packages for very specialized requirements.

Got them both.  Haven't used either yet, but if I want to they are
installed and up to date.

-Richard Campbell.