Re: umask (was:Re: gcc, Write and Modify permissions (ntsec))

I usually use FAR manager (non-cygwin Norton Commander clone) (*) for
command-line work and run cygwin programs (like grep, gcc or make)
from it; modifying all programs or writings wrapper scripts for them
is not an option.

May be it makes sense to add umask option to CYGWIN environment
variable ? Probably there are other users with usage pattern similar
to mine.

(*) I know about Midnight Commander and use it on Linux, but FAR is
more usable on Windows.

--
 							With regards, Roman.