Ulimit

Hi,

I would like to set the maximum CPU time into a few minutes only. When I tried to use ulimit (using CYGWIN), it gave me this:

$ ulimit -t 100
bash: ulimit: cpu time: cannot modify limit: Invalid argument

So, is this option not supported? if not, is there any other option where I can limit one process to be able to run
for only a limited amount of time?

PS: The reason for me doing this is so that I can check whether a process loops forever.
Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Welly Santosa
Software Engineer