Errors while building gcc for cygwin32 target

The goal here is to build a cross compiler from Linux to
i586-cygwin32.  Binutils builds OK.  GCC is having problems.

I'm attaching both the script I'm using to unpack, configure, and
build gcc as well as a log from make that fails.  The crux appears to
be the inclusion of <stdio.h> in gcc/config/i386/cygwin.h.  It is
included so that a prototype can use FILE*.  However, at the time when
the compiler is being built, there is no stdio.h available.

I've tried to use the 11.17 GCC snapshot from the cygwin archive as
well as a 12.02 snapshot from gnu.org.