Re: PATH

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 02:45:17PM -0800, Alan Larkin wrote:
>I have a Makefile.mak which contains the rule
>
>Lexer.c: Lexer.l
>
>(using the implict rule for lexing).  When I try making it (by double
>clicking) it complains that make cannot find a rule to make Lexer.l
>needed by Lexer.c.  Lexer.l is of course in the working directory but
>it doesnt seem to find it.  Ive added .: to the PATH all over the
>place! /home/alan/.bash_profile (which now just looks like
>
>export PATH=$PATH:.

AFAIK, the PATH isn't used to find files in make.  Given that you have
mixed case in the above example, I'm guessing that you probably have
an incorrect case in the actual filename, i.e., the file is actually
called lExer.L or something like that.  If you do this:

  mv lexer.l foo; mv foo Lexer.l

you may be able to correctly set the filename case.

cgf