RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated cygwin package: rxvt-2.7.9-2

> On Tue, 03 Dec 2002, Soren A wrote:
>
> > Is there _anything_ that can be done about the cursor shape in rxvt? That
> > _od-awful block cursor that obscures the character lying under it drives me
> > nuts.
>
> I don't have the latest package, but it has never obscured the
> character for me.

I do, and it's the same as it's always been for me: block inverse, not
"obscuring" in any way.  Soren, do you have whacked-out colors set up or a goofy
PS1 or something?  I've got this:

PS1=$'\\[\\033]0;\\w\\007\n\\033[32m\\]\\u@\\h \\[\\033[33m\\w\\033[0m\\]\n$ '

and that gives me

MyLogin@MyComputerName ~
$ _

where "MyLogin@MyComputerName" is green, "~" is a sickly yellow, "$" is black,
and the "_" is really a block cursor that's black and inverses the character
under it.  Screen background is white.  Works like a charm, and I believe it's
the Cygwin-installed default.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Brewer.  Patriot.