Re: vi takes 90 seconds to start

Ed Bachmann <ed_bachmann@unc.edu> wrote:

> I recently installed cygwin 1.3.16-1 under Windows 2000.  It seems to
> be functioning normally in most respects, but vi (vim) takes 90
> seconds to start. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Not on my computer. Sorry, you are going to have to provide more
information.

First, I suggest you upgrade to the latest version of the cygwin package
(1.3.17-1, IIRC - but you just need to run setup.exe and let it do its
thing).

If the problem persists, well, um, it's hard to know what to recommend.

If you are familiar with strace, you might try to track the problem down
that way.

Max.