Re: ls.exe shows windows system hidden files

Chris,

I suppose that would be an adequate basis for constructing something with the effect I imagined.

Realistically, if I cared about being able to do this, I'd probably wrap the Windows "attrib" command in a script that would allow it to accept Cygwin's POSIX paths and to allow it to act like "find" with a hypothetical "--attrib" option. In other words, to list only those files bearing a particular attribute pattern.

Fortunately, I've never had to care about this and the Windows "attrib" command is barely in my working vocabulary, which is no doubt why I didn't think of it instead of suggesting a new tool.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 17:13 2002-12-02, you wrote:
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 01:39:58PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>Perhaps a utility analogous to "getfacl" and "setfacl" for
>Windows-specific file system properties is in order.  If done properly,
>it could be used by those few who need to restrict output of other
>commands w.r.t.  to Windows properties not otherwise accessible in
>Cygwin.

What's wrong with an 'attrib' wrapper using cygpath?  That's not much
work at all.

cgf