Re: cygwin emacs: broken key mappings

I'm having this same problem and have tty in my CYGWIN env var. I don't run X and really don't care to, so xterm and rxvt aren't options. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Joe Buehler wrote:

troy.holly@mewa.de wrote:

The emacs C-c, C-h and C-SPC keys are broken:

    C-c   maps to C-g
    C-SPC maps to SPC
    C-h   maps to DEL

Make sure you have "tty" in your CYGWIN variable.

Also, I believe that there is a post from an emacs guru in the last
couple months that complains about the way certain keys are handled
in the default Cygwin console, so you might try and xterm or rxvt.

Joe Buehler

Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/
WWJD? JWRTFM.