Re: How to make setup.exe download everything?

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:08:21 -0500 Francis Litterio <franl@world.std.com> wrote:

> I recently tried to use setup.exe to download everything from the latest
> Cygwin release, but setup.exe only lets me download packages that are
> not already installed.
>
> I need to download everything so I can instal Cygwin on a non-networked
> machine, can anyone tell me how to use setup.exe to download packages
> that I already have installed?

You could run setup.exe in download mode and select re-install (or possibly
re-download) for the packages you already have, but wget or ncftp would be
more effecient.  If you already have the package installed, you may have
the archive around somewhere as well, so you wouldn't need to download it.

This may also give you some hints for building a list of files to download
with wget:

Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html