RE: How to make setup.exe download everything?

HI,

If what you mean is to download *all* of the cygwin release you can do that
using the cygwin installer (http://cygwin.com/setup.exe) option `Download
>From Internet' and set your download directory to wherever on the windows
filesystem you want to store the downloaded release. Just click through the
skip's in the package selector on all of the packages.

If your doing this to put on data medium, e.g. CD-ROM's, the directory
structure setup.exe creates (url encoded mirror urls) aren't compatible
with JOILET standard. Im my situation dealing with standalone machines I
just archive the directory containing the release and burn it to a cdr.

Elfyn
elfyn@exposure.org.uk

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Francis Litterio franl@world.std.com
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 14:08:21 -0500
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: How to make setup.exe download everything?

I recently tried to use setup.exe to download everything from the latest
Cygwin release, but setup.exe only lets me download packages that are
not already installed.

I need to download everything so I can instal Cygwin on a non-networked
machine, can anyone tell me how to use setup.exe to download packages
that I already have installed?
--
Francis Litterio
franl@world.std.com