Re: cygwin's autoconf?

Doing "aclocal && automake && autoconf" as the autobook suggests doesn't change things... =(
(or: it does seldom work, but usually doesn't.. that's why I'm thinking about granularity in NT's timekeeping)
automake 1.7.x and later require autoconf-2.54 or newer. Ordinarily, the wrapper scripts in the cygwin autotools suite ensure that "matching" versions are called -- unless your installation is not fully uptodate.
That's not the point: I have no problem on my cybwin developement machine: the problem is that ./configure-generated Makefile tries to call the autotools on each different machine, even in no-one changed configure.in or Makefile.am

The client machine shouldn't need autotools or the know-how to use them, right?

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)