Re: How can I avoid using a DOS box??

> On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:10:14 -0600, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
>> Are things to the point where we could make rxvt the default
>> installed terminal
>> emulator instead of the DOS box?  I can't imagine any Win9x user
>> could possibly
>> complain, and any NT+ user that would is simply misguided ;-).

Sorry, no.

An XP cmd box does everything I need. Rxvt doesn't seem to have any way to
let me cut and paste with just the mouse (I only have 2 buttons+scroll on my
laptop).
Plus, the cmd box has the neat feature of being able to pause output whilst
selecting.

[mn] <svartsjel@gmx.net> wrote:

> No, you cannot claim that. rxvt still behaves strangely in some ways
> when being executed in Windows XP, for instance because of an
> annoying ClearType incompatibility. I do not know whether this grave
> bug has been fixed in the meantime, I'm still using the 1.3.13-2
> release. But I strongly believe that the problem still persists.

1.3.13-2 is a Cygwin DLL version number. Rxvt is currently version 2.7.2-14.
The ClearType bug is fixed.

> I hope that in one upcoming release (btw, still within this year?) the
> ClearType problem will be fixed at last, as the workaround discussed
> here earlier is nothing but a lame temporary solution. For example
> "ls --color | less" will make your output (still) a mess...

Not here.

> At the momentary state, I think rxvt's regrettably too buggy for
> becoming Cygwin's default installed terminal.

I think the bug are mostly fixed, but, for reasons above, I still don't
intend to use rxvt.

Max.