Recent cygwin (1.3.15) causes "make -rsj4" to stop

Title: Message
For months, I've been running "make -rsj4" to perform some build that generally takes about 4 mins.  Recently (when I upgraded from 1.3.14 to 1.3.14), this has been killing my machine.  After about 2 minutes of the make running, I notice my system becoming very sluggish (like Hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del takes about 3 seconds to display the window with the "Task Manager" button, then 5 minutes for the Task manager to run).  I was able to kill make.  So, as we speak, I tried running "nice make -rsj4", and it's been running for about 10 minutes (much longer than it takes to do a full build).  Make seems to have gone off into the wild using as much CPU as possible and never returning.

The cpu is being used by make itself (there are no other subprocesses).  And make has stopped running any rules.

This worked fine with older cygwins, and works fine without the '-j4' option.

-Rolf