Re: emacs 100% cpu usage bug

Zdzislaw Meglicki writes:

zm> I have downloaded and installed the latest, I presume, version of
zm> Cygwin, with some additional updates downloaded only today from a
zm> NASA Cygwin mirror, and... I am still plagued by the "emacs 100%
zm> CPU usage bug", i.e., when emacs is invoked in the X11
zm> environment, it spins and doesn't come up. When it is invoked in a
zm> no-X11 environment, it works fine.

I'm having the same problem. I'm running Cygwin 1.3.15-2 (the latest
as of this date). "emacs -nw" from a cygwin shell works fine, although
control characters are mapped oddly (ctrl-H is backward-delete-char-
untabify, ctrl-C is keyboard-quit, etc.). "emacs" attempts to start
the X version of Emacs, which grabs 100% of the CPU time and locks the
system, regardless of whether an X server is running. Other X apps
(local and remote) work just fine.

This started happening after an upgrade about a week ago.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
James P. Goltz <goltz@mmert.org>