Re: .rhosts on W2K w/o ntsec

Christian,

Use "cygstart docFile" instead of "cmd /c docFile" Cygstart doesn't require the execute bit on the document file as "cmd /c" does.

I don't know how cygstart works internally, but I imagine it looks up the association and launches the appropriate application without regard for the execute bits on the document file being opened.

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA