Re: ramped CPU problem with fetchmail

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:32:47PM -0700, Christian Weeks wrote:
[..stuff..]
So why aren't you trying the solution that was proposed for the problem?

This is, what?, the third time today that someone has posted saying that
they've noticed the discussion while missing the fact that the problem
is supposed to be fixed in the latest snapshots.
Thank you for your reply.

I have tried the proposed solution at your request (I downloaded and attempted each of the 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th snapshot fixes). The attached trace file is the result (it appears to be the same under the 15th and 16th snapshots- I did not bother generating for 13th & 14th). It is still unfortunately not correctly functional. Instead of ramping my CPU (now I only see very small spikes of 100%) it aborts the fetchmail daemon. This is the log output from fetchmail:
fetchmail: starting fetchmail 6.1.2 daemon
fetchmail: couldn't find canonical DNS name of my.mail.server.com
fetchmail: Query status=11 (DNS)
fetchmail: sleeping at Tue Nov 19 00:10:16 2002
fetchmail: terminated with signal 14

I expected it to enter it's sleep/wake cycle, but it doesn't appear to do so.

Thanks for looking at this problem.
Christian