SPEWS blocked me

Is SPEWS necessary? I see that the whole DSL IP range of our company's ISP is blocked. Terrible that each user needs to beg the mercy of SPEWS or individually send request to register their e-mail addresses safely to use in Cygwin.

No intention to insult. Just feel there may be alternate ways to do that. Once our mail server is blocked by a open relay list, but it is easier to remedy and I feel good that a security hole in our mail server is eliminated.

Best regards,

Wu Yongwei