thanks cygwin

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the good people at cygwin for their
help in getting me to the correct mailing list.  Apparently, the url all by
itself marked "the cygwin mailing list" (with a link to this list) did not
apply to my situation (I was looking at the how can I help page, I seem to
have missed the mailing lists when I went to that page because there was a
lot of text I did not scroll down far enough).  So, I would like to thank
Mark Harig for politely pointing me in the right direction.

I understand the stress level for some list maintainers may be high, so I
apologize to anyone who was offended by my earliest attempts to get through.
In my defense, my message roughly adhered to the conventions of the Debian
bugs mailing list, which I at the time thought would've been sufficiently
similar, after all it was only a bug report, but apparently that is not the
case.   X related issues must be addressed to the X mailing list, using an
exclamation point after thanking someone sets off the spam filter, and
config shall be sent by attachment.

I do think it is important to be polite to new members who try hard to
adhere to conventions, reading essays by ERS, et.al..  Not every list is
alike and one often does not acquire all necessary information the first
time around.

Jake