RE: gcc (as.exe) install error

As requested at http://cygwin.com/bugs.html:

o Please describe how to reproduce the problem,
  including a test case, if possible.

o Please include at least the version number of the
  Cygwin release you are using along with the
  operating system name and its version number,
  for example, "cygwin v1.3.13 under NT 4.0".

o Most of the information about your Cygwin environment
  is listed by running 'cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.txt'.
  Please include cygcheck.txt *AS AN ATTACHMENT* to your
  report.  It is important that you include it as an
  attachment so that searches of the mailing-list archives
  give fewer false matches.

If you provide the output of cygcheck, then Randall Schulz's
guess about an incomplete installation could be checked.

n/bin/as.exe': Invalid argument