Is RSA authentication on SSH still broken?

Hello

Could someone clarify whether RSA authentication is still not possible
when running SSH as the SYSTEM user? I have Cygwin 1.3.14-1 and OpenSSH
3.4p1-5 and can only login via password authentication (I am familiar
with the process to effect RSA authentication under Unix). I have also
tightened permissions on the key files, home directory, etc.

The /usr/doc/Cygwin/openssh-3.4p1-5.README file mentions that "The
following restrictions only apply to Cygwin versions up to 1.3.1" - is
it safe to assume that I should be able to get it running, since I am
using 1.3.14-1? I will stop trying otherwise!

Thanks a lot for the help.

A.