From: Scott Prive Scott.Prive@storigen.com
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 13:30:41 -0500
To: lhall@rfk.com, cbfalconer@worldnet.att.net, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: gdb hangs on a 486

Agreed. CPU specific-packages for obsolete platforms are not needed, and my
remark was not intended to suggest something far less than this.

What I meant was, in SETUP.EXE provide some warning to the end user that
the packages they have selected will not run on their CPU. Allow them to
continue if they acknowledge the warning.

Imagine waiting for install to complete (probably on 56K), and then realize
it's i586+ only. Having a check in the installer means you only "wasted" a
~250Kb download.

-Scott