RE: sshd install troubles

> (btw, I might suggest cygrunsrv as a package dependency for openssh.
> I'd be glad to submit a patch, but it seems like a bit of
> overkill to do so)

It's not a dependency if you only want to run an
ssh client.  But if it is added as a dependency, then
it would make sense to add it for 'cron' also.

> I set up the CYGWIN system environment var as "binmode tty
> ntsec".  I did a
> mkpasswd -d -u mydomainlogin >> /etc/passwd

For future reference: it has been found that the order
of mkpasswd's '-d' and '-u' options is significant.
On some systems/networks, it has been found that
'mkpasswd' runs much faster if '-u' precedes '-d'.