cygwin + STL

    Hi, all!
    I'm trying now to port aspseek (aspseek.org) to Windows and I have a
problem.
    I have compiled and linked the program, but on the following statement it
hangs up (it receives SIGSEGV):

CWordCache::CWordCache(ULONG maxSize) : hash_map<CUWord, CWordInfo>(maxSize){
}

    So, it even doesn't go to first line of code of constructor.

    I know that it may happen if the program does something wrong with memory.
    Developers of aspseek did use non-portable hacks with memory, but I removed
them. I also tried to reduce maxSize to 100, so, that should be definitely
reasonable for memory. I also checked that there are no other memory
bugs/problems in aspseek's code - and it does look correctly.

    So, what can be the reason of the problem? Are there any ways to solve it?

    I used the following:
    Windows 98, cygwin 1.3.13-1, g++ 2.95.3-10, mysql 3.23.43 (thread safe
library compiled with cygwin, linked statically).

    Among other things aspseek uses threads.