non-standard question relating to installing cygwin inetd

I want to install cygwin inetd I need to activate some of the
available arguments available to inetd (as in "-d" and "-Rx")
but have no idea how to do so using the canned combination:
inetd --install-as-service
net start inetd

I know I can setup inetd with these arguments via:
cygrunsrv -I inetd -d "CYGWIN inetd" -p /uisr/sbin/inetd -a\
"-d R10000" -e CYGWIN=ntsec
net start inetd

but I don't like the fact that this also boots the cygrunsrv as
a windows task. So, when using the "inetd --install-as-service"
method, what would I add to the system registry in order to
pass in my particular arguments to inetd? I'm assuming it would
be something under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\inetd
but I'm not sure _what_?

Secondly, my machine is used primarily as a development station
building images based on an old vx-works kernel. There are a
handful of tools which don't work well when cygwin is included in
the system path. Is there a way I can modify the system registry
such that I will not need to add ...\cygwin\bin to the global
system path?

Regards

- Bruce

Platform is win-nt SP6a. I'm running from a cygwin download which
was updated last on 10/5/2002.