re:pavel (porting c code from unix to windows )

You may use strace or gdb to trace and debug the program. You probably may
debug it with any other windows debugger as well.

i use gdb .and see that cygwin gives a visual platform of gdb.but i shows assembly instructions. any solution for c style tracing?

Not directly. You may try to create custom visual c++ project, and configure
it to run make for build or specify gcc as custom compiler, so VC++ will
invoke it to compile your files. I have this done with different compiler,
but don't remember exact steps how to do it.

here your ideas are very important for me. it is time to tell my problem.
i have a big program . it has many c files. and uses lex&yacc. it works on rh7.3. i want to try to port it on windows. i search internet and hear about "cygwin". why do i port it ? because i want to solve its algorithm.so i use visualc++ .did i tell my problem briefly?

if u know anyway to run it with visualc++ or visual debugger ?
borlandcbuilder ?

also i search custom debugger setting in visual and cant find any trick.

be happy.