RE: File permission problems with new cygwin dll

> From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cgf@redhat.com]
>
> On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 03:17:11PM +1300, Ross Smith wrote:
> >If you take any command-line program that writes to stdout
> -- plain old
> >"hello world" will do fine -- compile it with gcc, and run it several
> >times with >> somefile, then you get a file containing several copies
> >of "hello world", as you'd expect. But if you compile it with Visual
> >C++ instead, then instead of appending to the file, it just
> overwrites
> >the beginning of the file every time.
>
> Should be fixed in cvs.  I'm generating a snapshot.
>
> The problem was caused by this change from Pavel Tsekov:
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2002-q3/msg00064.html
>
> I had a nagging feeling that this was a problem when it was
> checked in.
>
> My fix still keeps this patch but it resets file pointers
> before execing
> a new process.  That seems to work.

Thank you!

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand

This has been a test of the emergency broadcasting system. If this had
been a real emergency, we would have all fled in terror, and you would
not have been notified.