Re: Tk?

Hallo Jason,

Am Freitag, 4. Oktober 2002 um 21:02 schriebst du:

> Hi, Steve, :)

> Wow, I get to post to the Cygwin list!  Rare! :)

>> From: Steve Landry [mailto:sml@mit.edu]

>> If I want to run or write Perl/Tk apps that run as Windows
>> apps (not in
>> the X environment), can I do that w/Cygwin Perl or do I need to run
>> ActiveState as well?

> Gerrit P. Haase has packaged up a binary distribution of Tk800.023 for
> Cygwin perl that uses native Windows GUI calls so it doesn't rely on X.
> I've been using it for a short while and it seems to meet all of my needs.

> I found Gerrit's package here:

> http://www.perltk.org/binaries/

Hey, cool, I didn't know that it is available there!  This version is
linked against perl-5.6.1, Soren Anderson has managed to build later
versions of TK and has also logs at his site, unfortunately I couldn't
reproduce it for perl-5.8 :-(

The original location of Tk for perl 5.6.1 is here (including the
patch and the origional sources and a short README):
ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Haase_Gerrit/1.3/perl/

Gerrit
--
=^..^=