RE: Executing Perl from the Cygwin command line

What is the setting of your PATH environment variable?

   $ echo $PATH

Does it include the directory that contains your perl binaries?

You can set your PATH (and other bash shell environment
variables) in your .profile (aka, ~/.profile) so that it will
be set each time you start a bash shell.

Have you considered downloading the Cygwin perl package
and using it instead?