A Little Confused About setup.exe

Hi,

I have been using cygwin for years now.  What I would typically do is run setup
to download (and not install) the components that I need and then install them
on a second pass.  This worked great in that if I wanted to burn a CD-ROM and
install cygwin on another system.  Now with recent versions of setup, it it
will only download new items.  Is there a way for setup to ignore already
installed components so that I can get the latest of everything to be installed
on a computer that does not have network access?  I am assuming that setup.exe
is looking for some configuration file in my cygwin directory.  If so, what is
that file?

When setup downloads files it stores them in a folder something like this:

ftp%3a%2f%2fplanetmirror.com%2fpub%2fsourceware%2fcygwin

After the install is completed I then delete that folder.   How are these files
different than the ones in /etc/setup/?

Thanks,

Mike