Re: Path to dynamic libraries

Pierre schrieb:

> Thanks to everyone who replied to my question.

> The actual problem I am faced to is that I compiled (and tested) a
> program (ddd) under Cygwin installed as H:\Cygwin and then distributed
> the binaries to students who are supposed to install it on their own
> box.

> The problem is that the program does not operate as expected on the
> students machines, apparently because most of them installed Cygwin as
> C:\Cygwin and the program does not find some dll's.

> So I am looking for a way to easily "translate" library path's from a
> given "compile machine" to "target machines".

> Any idea someone ?

As stated before, the DLL's on which your application depends need to be
in a directory that is included in the PATH setting.  If invoked from a
Cygwin/bash shell session then it is the Cygwin PATH, else the Windows
PATH setting.

I have c:\cygwin\bin included in my Windows PATH setting so I am able to
invoke Cygwin applications from a CMD shell window without launching
bash.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=