This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: where is gcc?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 23:16:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: where is gcc?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
[redirecting to the correct mailing list]
On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 11:00:23PM -0400, guydosh wrote:
>I installed cygwin 1.3.12-2 but cannot invoke gcc. It is not in /usr/bin -
>am I doing something wrong?
That would indicate that you didn't actually install gcc. Go back to
the cygwin web page and read the section "What's new and how do I get
You have to rerun setup.exe (or click on "Install Cygwin Now!"), choose
"Devel" and click on 'gcc'.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html