This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sysvinit for cygwin?
- From: Michael A Chase <mchase at ix dot netcom dot com>
- To: Ariel Manzur <punto at juegosonline dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 18:32:16 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
- Subject: Re: sysvinit for cygwin?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:44:51 -0300 Ariel Manzur <email@example.com> wrote:
> is there a 'sysvinit' package for cygwin? I'm only interested in being able
> to switch consoles using alt-f1 to 6, I understand the program 'init' is
> the one that manages that. Is there at least a 'clon' of that for cygwin?
There isn't, but there wouldn't be much point. Cygwin console windows are
Windows windows (usually either cmd.exe or rxvt.exe) so you can switch
between them using Alt-TAB.
** I normally forward private questions to the appropriate mail list. **
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Give a hobbit a fish and he eats fish for a day.
Give a hobbit a ring and he eats fish for an age.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html