This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
missing awk.exe and gawk.exe in Cygwin download
- From: "Leonard Kannapell" <lenk at insightful dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:58:56 -0700
- Subject: missing awk.exe and gawk.exe in Cygwin download
An older download for Windows included awk.exe and gawk.exe in the cygwin/bin directory. I downloaded a recent version (1.3.12-2) that apparently doesn't include these files, so running the cygwin utility doesn't seem to work.
1. Was this intentional or is it just a mistake on my behalf when downloading?
2. If it is intentional, where can I download awk.exe and gawk.exe (and other necessary files) to make cygwin functional?
We direct users to your site to download Cygwin, and the users will likely be confused if the installation is incomplete. Thanks for your time.
Documentation - Technical Writer
1700 Westlake Ave N #500
Seattle, WA 98109
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html